Just spoke to a friend whose mom lives in New Orleans.
“Tell her to leave today,” I said.
The storm won’t be there until Monday, but I’m worried. Access to New Orleans is very limited. Roads will jam.
He said she’s planning on going to a shelter. I told him she should go north, out of the New Orleans area. The state will have shelters north.
I also told him my forecast might be wrong. It’s two days away. Look how poorly this storm was forecast Friday!
Making calls like this are neither fun nor easy. I no more want to tell him his mother is in harm’s way than he wants to hear it. But how can I not?