* There are 17 people in the U.S. named Stefanie Fox.
* There are 25 people in the U.S. named Geoffrey Fox.
* There is 1 person in the U.S. named Helaine Fox.
Wow – worthless, though interesting stats from a site called How Many of Me?
It’s no surprise I’ve never been able to go into a Times Square souvenir store and find a pencil or decorative license plate with my name on it.
* There are 47,995 people in the U.S. with the first name Geoffrey.
* Statistically the 800th most popular first name. (tied with 18 other first names)
* More than 99.9 percent of people with the first name Geoffrey are male.
* Names similar to Geoffrey:
800th most popular name. I wonder which is in 799th?
My dad is one of 296 Harold Fox’s. 99.73 percent of people with the first name Harold are male. That means, of the 158,983 people named Harold, 429.25 are women.
I won’t try to explain that 1/4 woman hanging out somewhere in America.
There are 529 people in the U.S. named Betty Fox. That’s my mom’s name. She’s not an Elizabeth as so many Betty’s are. Though, wouldn’t you think they’d more likely be called Liz or Beth, not Betty?
Her first name, “Betty,” is the 37th most popular first name. I’m surprised at that statistic and I’m sure my mom will be surprised by that too.
There is no one in the U.S. with the last name Hitler.
Nine of the top ten first names are primarily used by men. Women’s names must be more creative… or creatively spelled.
Most Common Last Names 1. Smith 2. Johnson 3. Williams 4. Jones (tie) 4. Brown (tie) 6. Davis 7. Miller 8. Wilson 9. Moore 10. Taylor (tie) 10. Anderson (tie) 10. Thomas (tie)
Most Common First Names 1. James 2. John 3. Robert 4. Michael 5. Mary 6. William 7. David 8. Richard 9. Charles 10. Joseph
I don’t have the whole list before me, but I do know some names go in and out of style. There aren’t too many Beatrice’s or Norma’s nowadays. When was the last time you met an Ichabod, Horace or Stanley?
I have three Harold’s programmed into my cellphone. How unusual is that?