I love to fly. I am not a pilot, but I’ve flown in nearly everything.
Here’s my partial list:
- Dual chainsaw motor power ultralight
- Piper Cub J3 (with fabric covered wings)
- Schweitzer glider
- F/A 18
- C5a (with midair refueling over Scotland)
- C130 (two flights through two hurricanes)
- Lots of Cessnas, Pipers and Mooneys
- Lots of commercial jetliners and commuter props
- Hot air balloons
I just read a really cool airplane story about flight over hostile territory in an SR-71 – a plane I’ll unfortunately, never fly. Everything else I’ve been in pales in comparison.
If you too like planes, this story is for you.