Dave, on of my loyal blog readers sent me a note early Sunday.
Yesterday I d/l’ed and installed IE 8 beta 2. I am able to view every site I have tried, except your Blog. I usually use Mozilla, which I am now using to pen this entry.
Thought you might like to know (if you do not already).
Crap! I’m 100% sure this is my fault, though I have no clue what I did.
There is a single line of code which fixes the problem–and it has been added. It’s an inelegant way of making the site compatible; forcing Internet Explorer 8 to act like Internet Explorer 7. I don’t even know how to troubleshoot this. I wish I did.
All web browsers are not compatible. For the first seven versions Internet Explorer remained incompatible with web standards–though it had the vast majority of users! Web pages had to be designed to break gracefully, allowing IE to render them correctly by writing them incorrectly.
It’s always something. Don’t they know this is only a hobby.