This blog has been running since 2003. Code gets rickety over time. Little field repairs I made years ago might not be compatible (or findable) once I start changing things.
What the heck. I took the plunge tonight.
First, I’d heard some complaints from phone users that text was tough to read. Second, Google has been penalizing my site specifically because it’s not mobile friendly.
This blog runs on WordPress. Its look is decided by a theme. I swapped out my highly customized “McBloggerson” theme for “2016,” last year’s standard issue. I changed a few fonts to give it a little style but otherwise left it alone.
The tendency is to want to do more. I want to do less and keep everything super simple. Clean design is in this year.
I’ll let you know how it works out.