An interesting ‘survey’ was posted on a TV meteorology bulletin board I frequent. It concerns Global Warming, and it’s pretty self explanatory.
- Global Warming is caused primarily by humans and is a very serious threat for the future of humanity. 4% (3)
- Global Warming is caused primarily by humans, but we will successfully deal with it. 3% (2)
- Global Warming is caused by both humans and natural cycles. 15% (11)
- Global Warming is caused primarily by natural cycles, although humans are probably contributing. 55% (39)
- Global Warming is part of natural weather cycles. 11% (8)
- Global Warming is not really happening, but is an artifact of local climate changes (urban effects), changes in instrumentation, and natural cycles. 11% (8)
This is non-scientific. I’m not even sure if all the participants are meteorologists – though the vast majority surely are. It certainly goes against the scientific consensus while conforming to exactly the result I expected.
Operational meteorologists, the people who forecast every day, remain skeptical about Global Warming.
Are you surprised?