The Big Hurt

Unexpected snow. It’s my nightmare come true.

As we finished the 6 O’clock news I talked about the colder air and snow showers coming in. For 85% of the state that worked. For the other 15% it was 2-5″ of fresh snow.

Unexpected snow. It’s my nightmare come true.

You would think I could forecast 2 or 3 hours ahead. I certainly did. Sometimes it just gets away from you–obviously.

I have spent the rest of the evening beating myself up a little. No additional help is needed in that regard.

I wish I had a tougher skin where this is concerned; that I could just walk away from it. I can’t. This will plague me for a while.

4 thoughts on “The Big Hurt”

  1. Really, Geoff, look around. We live in New England, for heavens sake. This would not be the first time that I had to shovel 4 inches of partly cloudy off my front porch, and I dare say it won’t be the last. Yep, 4 inches here in Southbury.

    We here in New England ought to be familiar with the idea of microclimates; the southern Californians are. We have the lake effect areas. We have the river valley nation of “FogArea” in our fine state. Stuff happens…

    I will continue to respect your forecast, and add my (admittedly undereducated) spin on it to determine what it will be outside. Keep up the good work!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *