As you probably know my surgery scheduled for Tuesday was postponed.
As part of the standard pre-op procedure I received a stress test which led to two stents for blockages on my “widow maker” artery. It was a simple procedure performed with me awake.
The protocol for a stent calls for 30 days of surgical kryptonite in the form of an anticoagulant. When the anesthesiologist looked at my charts he balked at performing the surgery only 14 days in, though the cardiologist and surgeon had both agreed it would be OK.
This happened Monday late afternoon for a Tuesday early morning procedure. So, yeah I’m pissed because it was inconsiderate to wait until the last minute and of course I want this operation at the earliest possible moment. The new date is when it should originally have been scheduled.
The last few days have been difficult, first in anticipation of the surgery and now in making sure everyone is on the same page and in agreement.
October 11 is my new day. I report at 10:00 with surgery at noon. I wonder if it will be catered?