The Features My Mind Wants

I just reached out and touched the screen on my desktop computer at work. Nothing happened. That’s probably because it’s not a touchscreen!

Yesterday while typing something I hit the spacebar twice to enter a period. No period. Desktop machines aren’t programmed that way.

Both these actions work on my iPhone. My mind is telling me what new features it wants on the desktop. Is anyone listening other than me?

16 Responses to “The Features My Mind Wants”

1. Melanie says:

Same here! I recently got an iPad, and I love the touchscreen – I find myself wishing I could use the ‘swipe to enlarge’ feature on my regular laptop comuter.

2. Lisa says:

I do the “hit the spacebar twice” thing on my laptop all the time!

3. Melanie says:

And it’s not just computers – I’ve pointed the TV remote at the dog to get her to stop barking, too. Didn’t work.

4. I want to pause and rewind my radio. I can do it with my TV, why not radio? I know it already exists, not sure if it will ever catch on.

5. momma niki says:

That sounds like something that would make some people happy or excited. However, many people forget that in the economic depression that we are deeply into, it might be a while before some will even be able to buy an iPhone, so it may not be high enough on the priority list to change. I know; I am living very close to the park bench being my permanent dwelling. Nevertheless, boys will be boys and the only things that change with their age, is the price of their toys, so keyboard change I guess, here I come!

6. deb says:

I want to know why one machine doesn’t both wash and dry my laundry. I mean, both spin, right? It should just be a matter of adding/removing water during the wash cycle, and adding hot air during the dry cycle. Seems way more efficient (both cost and space effective) to do both operations in one appliance.

7. Laura says:

Geoff, get the iPad 2. It’s great. I’m glad I finally broke down and got one!!

8. Kim M says:

I do the hit the space bar twice on my qwerty keyboard I have for my phone all the time. I don’t have an iphone, but have a touch screen phone and love the touch screen!

9. Peter says:

If you use a Mac Lion comes out next month. It will incorporate many of those iOS features.