I just finished tonight’s shows for Nebraska. Seven segments for five different stations. My new optimized workflow is in place.
And the answer is… OMG.
My hope was to get some improvement in efficiency, but I’m blown away. There are physical limits to how much time can be shaved, but this is like showing up on set and the crew’s ready to go.
The one button start-up macro does exactly what it’s supposed to do. Restarts from tech blowups are mainly gone.
Big savings on font entry too. I write my forecast on paper first. Lots of scratch outs and changes. On-air forecast pages are created in the TriCaster from words and numbers I enter on a spreadsheet. So much easier.
Hit save. Boom. TV.
On this slow weather day I spent some of my extra time making another map to explain why Nebraska is weather blessed this week.